Worship Unplugged Artists

Worship Unplugged Artists
l-r: Lydia Pace, Paulette Washington, Adam Surfus, Felicia Rives, Collier Starks & Michele Meeks

The Vidio Network presents ...

NOTE: The showcase footage is raw, unedited & unmixed intentionally.
Watch live streaming video from thevidionetwork at livestream.com

Monday, November 9, 2009

Paulette Washington - "Hallelujah"


Paulette Washington is known by her anointed singing, which comes from her heart. She
says, "I like to give the people songs that goes beyond their ears and minister to their heart; which brings about deliverance." This southern, young lady captivates audiences with her soulful deliver of gospel singing. She lives her songs and is not afraid to share her testimony on stage in order for the audience to experience the message.

Paulette is a native of Monroe, GA. She had an upbringing of singing with her family known as "The Floyd Family." She was only four years old when she recorded her first album. Since that time and to the present, her persona is continuously moving the hearts of others, both young and old.

Many opportunities had begun to open up for more recognition. In 1980, during the Labor Day weekend, she sang the National Anthem at the Atlanta Braves game. In 1981, the Atlanta Journal Constitution wrote how "this little girl stole the show from Al Green at the Gospel Benefit for the 'Families of Missing and Murdered Children' in Atlanta." Paulette was overcome by the positive responses in the mid-eighties while performing with some of today's leading artists such as Shirley Caesar, The Mighty Clouds of Joy, The Williams brothers and more.

Paulette's heart was soon turned to reach for lost souls in foreign countries. Afterwards, she became involved with an international evangelistic ministry allowing her to sing in Manila Philippines, Costa Rica, Israel, Bahamas, Hawaii, Mexico, and throughout the United States.

Paulette states, "But of all of my performances, I've been touched the most by singing to those individuals who may have fallen along the wayside of life and just needed a word of encouragement to continue."
When Paulette Washington pours her soul into a song, people listen and are mesmerized; anyone who has heard her passionate delivery would agree. She's an explosion of high-energy emotion, gift-wrapped in music. Remember her name and you won't ever forget her VOICE!!!

5 comments:

  1. Paulette,

    First of all let me say, I see why Bishop Swilley is crazy about you, your voice is really anointed. The night of the showcase, you mentioned that you'd only had 3 hours of sleep in 4 days and I was like, "WOW!". I could tell you were really tired, I even saw you nod a few times during the dress rehearsal.

    That told me something about your level of commitment and your desire to worship God, even when your tired! Anybody else would have probably just cancelled.

    To me, that really says a lot about you.

    I personally would like to see you sing "Air I breathe" at a slower tempo, just YOU and the piano. I gotta believe, you would stand and deliver that song with an amazing vocal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Gospel DIVA. Thank you for stepping in at the last minute. Thank you for helping us logistically. Thank you for being you. I enjoyed worshiping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulette,
    You remind me of the old greats ( like Mahalia). Those voices come with "old souls" but NEVER grow old or "out of style". Your voice is so distinctive and powerful!!! There is so much I can say but I will end with also thanking you for hanging in there and perserving through EVERYTHING I know you had to deal with. I can see why Bishop LOVES HIM SOME PAULETTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your voice...you do remind me of and have that old soul in your voice. Your voice is so powerful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete